سه‌شنبه، تیر ۱۵، ۱۳۹۵

شكسته‌نفسي

-My singular gift for observation and deduction may have come from my grandmother, a sister of Vernet, the French artist. Though art in the blood is liable to take the strangest forms. For example, my brother, Mycroft.
=Your brother? I didn't know you had a brother.
-Oh, yes. And I can assure you that he possesses a far greater faculty for observation and deduction than I do.
=Holmes, I know that you are a modest man...
-Ha! My dear Watson! cannot agree with those that rank modesty among the virtues. To the logician, everything should be seen exactly as it is. To underestimate is as much a departure from the truth as to exaggerate. What I have told you about my brother is the exact and literal truth.

The Greek Interpreter



-استعداد منحصر به‌فردم رو در مورد مشاهده و استنتاج ممكنه، از مادربزرگم به ارث برده باشم، كه خواهر «ورنه» نقاش فرانسوي بوده. وجود هنر در خون مي‌تونه به نتايج عجيبي منتهي بشه. مثلاً برادرم مايكرافت... 
=برادرت؟ خبر نداشتم برادر داري
-آ... آره. حرف من رو قبول كن. توانايي اون (مایکرافت) در مشاهده و استنتاج خيلي بيشتر از منه.
=شكسته‌نفسي مي‌كني هولمز
-واتسن عزيزم؛ من از اونهايي نيستم، كه شكسته‌نفسي رو اخلاق خوبي مي‌دونن. در نگاه يك آدم منطقي همه‌چيز همون‌طور كه هست ديده مي‌شه. اينكه كسي خودش رو دست‌كم بگيره، همون قدر دور از حقيقته، كه كسي توانايي‌هاي خودش رو بزرگ نشون بده. چيزي كه همين الان در مورد برادرم گفتم، حقيقت محض و دقيقه.


مترجم یونانی


#شرلوک-هلمز